Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 10 August 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 15 - Crumb Cake Dots and Spots

 

Welcome to week15 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. If you haven't visited before, every Wednesday night at 8pm we are featuring one of the core colours from the Stampin' Up! colour range. This week we are featuring Crumb Cake, which is my most used neutral colour.

This week I have paired Crumb Cake with Basic Black. I die cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock with the Dots & Spots Dies. This was layered on a Basic Black mat attached on an angle.

I used the Forever Flourishing Dies to cut one leaf stem from Basic Black and another one from Layering Designs Vellum.


After wrapping some Linen Thread around the top layer, I attached the leaf stems over the top.


The greeting is from the Very Best Occasions stamp set.

Now it's time to see what Kate Morgan has to share with us. Click on her name or on the graphic below.


If you have any issues with the links in the blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the host of our Colour Creation Blog Hops and will has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting and happy stamping,
Rachel


Product List

8 comments:

  1. What an elegant card, Rachel! I especially love the little sprig die cut in the patterned vellum - it perfectly mirrors the Basic Black cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love this so much!! The pops of black are fantastic. I have the Dots and Spots die on it's way to me, and now I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card Rachel. I love Crumb Cake with black and a touch of white via the Vellum. The Dots and Spots die cut shows brilliantly over the angled Basic Black panel. The simplicity of the Forever Flourishing die cuts and twine is gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have looked at that die a couple of times and wondered How would I use it? And your card is a perfect sample of what is good about it! Great use of the die and the lovely colour pallet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card Rachel. Black and Crumb Cake creates a dramatic colour combo. Love the use of the printed vellum for the sprig.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful, Rachel! I love the black layer visible through the die-cut holes, and the addition of the gorgeous die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely creative background, Rachel, that spots & dots die is great with the black popping through. The vellum foliage looks great with the darker one behind it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card Rachel. Black and crumb cake is a fabulous combination but it is the addition of that black and white vellum foliage that really brings it all together. Off to dig out my dot die.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10