Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 22 August 2022

Heart of Christmas Blog Hop week 8 Trimming the Tree and Tree Trimmings Dies


Hi Stampers, Welcome to week 8 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. This week I am excited to share with you one of the special products that will be available only for the month of September. It is one of the Perfect Partners Dies Sets that have been made to co ordinate with one of six existing stamp sets.

The Tree Trimmings Dies co ordinate with the Trimming the Tree stamp set from the Annual Catalogue.


These dies include dies to cut out the tree stamp and another to add tree branch texture to the tree, ornaments, stars, tree stands and a basket and three greeting dies. They extend the versatility of the stamp set immeasurably.

For tonight's card I stamped the tree in Evening Evergreen and the tree insert in Soft Sea Foam. I used one die to cut out the tree and another to cut out the branches on the tree, as shown below. Both layers on the card front are cut using the Deckled Rectangle Dies.


The ornaments and the star on the tree are cut from the White Glimmer paper that comes in a pack with the Real Red Glimmer paper in the July to Dec catalogue.



The basket at the base of the tree is cut from Soft Suede card stock.

I love all three of the greetings dies that are included in the Tree Trimmings Dies and the oval used here is the perfect size for this greeting.

It's time to head over to the next stop on our blog hop which belongs to Caroline Manwaring. Either click on her name or on the graphic below to go to her site.

If you encounter any issues with the links in our hop please head over to Sharon Davern's blog as she is the wonderful hostess of our Christmas Blog Hop and will have a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,

8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card, Rachel. I love all the interest added by stamping, die-cutting and using patterned paper. The glimmery ornaments and star are a beautiful soft touch, and I love your use of the Deckled Rectangles Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful card Rachel. I love your combination of layered stamping and die cuts for the texture/interest on the tree. Your Glimmer ornaments and star would look so sparkly in real life. The deckled rectangle dies are a perfect choice. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Rachel. I love your choice of background DSP, it’s so soft and subtle, and I also love the deckled edges on your layers. I have both sets of these dies coming in my order, hopefully arriving soon. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that background DSP is gorgeous, Rachel, and I love the ornaments die cut from the glimmer paper too. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card Rachel and the addition of those glimmer ornaments make the tree shine. Perfect choise of paper to mount the tree on too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your layers and textures, Rachel. That basket is so beautiful as is your layout. I can't wait for mine to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Rachel, love the ornaments on the tree and the DSP background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Rachel. I have just purchased this bundle and to be honest was a little underwhelmed when I received it, but you have really inspired me to get creating with it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10