Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 1 August 2022

Heart of Christmas Week 5 - Non Traditional Trimming the Tree

 


I'm back tonight with week 5 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop with my fellow demonstrators from the Art With Heart Team. We will be sharing some Christmas inspiration with you every Monday night until the end of November.

Tonight my project uses the Trimming the Tree stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. If you live in Australia and do not have a copy of our 2022-2023 Catalogue and do not already have a demonstrator, contact me and I will post one to you.


 I have gone non traditional with my colour palette tonight and have chosen to used some of our In Colours. The colours I have used are Polished Pink, Orchid Oasis, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide and Old Olive, which is the only colour from the standard Stamin' Up! colour range.


I stamped the ornaments on scrap Basic White card stock and cut them out by hand. The tree piece was cut out using a Stitched Rectangle Die.


The star on top of the tree was cut from an Orchid Oasis sheet from the In Colour 6x6 Glimmer Paper to add a bit of sparkle to my project.


The card base is Orchid Oasis card stock.
Now it's time for the next stop in our blog hop, which is the very talented Christine Blain. I'm very excited to see what she has to share with us tonight.
If you have any problems with the links in our hop tonight please head to Sharon's blog as she is the host of our Heart of Christmas Blog Hop and will have a complete list of tonight's participants.

All of the products I have used for tonight's card are available from my online store, the links are listed below. Don't forget that there is one month left of the Sale-a-bration which means with every $90 purchase you can choose a free Sale-a-bration reward.

Thanks for visiting,

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful. Your bright colours make me think of an Australian summery Christmas rather than a snowy, winter Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a pretty and happy card, Rachel! I love that you included so many bright colours, and hand-cut those teensy ornaments. The Orchid Oasis star on top of the gorgeous tree is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful card Rachel. Love your two tone tree and the cute little decorations - so impressed with your fussy cutting. Great layout. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine Proctor1 August 2022 at 22:16

    Wow, Rachel, your non-traditional colour palette looks fantastic! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Rachel and a great job on fussy cutting the ornaments. Shame we didn't know about the dies that have just been released!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love your choice of non traditional Christmas colours Rachel. Your card is so bright and happy. You must have a very steady hand and a lot of patience to be able to cut our all those tiny ornament. Oh for a set of matching dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love this colour combo, Rachel. The design is fantastic too, with those cute little ornaments adorning your tree. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your choice of non-traditional Christmas colours Rachel. Your hand cut ornaments are so cute - well done! A really lovely Christmas card. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10